Murray Williams lives and works in Northwest Arkansas. He tries to keep his blog up-to-date, but the pressures of life squeeze in and sometimes he just doesn't have the time. You can check out his full site at www.murdog.com.

6.29.2004

Busy Days

I am on the eve of being completly transitioned off the Student Ministry team at Fellowship. It makes me both happy and sad. I am sad for all the obvious reasons. I have given the last 10 years of my life to this ministry. I have bled sweat and cried for this ministry, so it is not the easiest thing in the world to give up, but on the other hand, it is getting harder and harder to leave my family for extended periods of time.

I have to explain that I am coming home at the end of the day every time I leave for work, compound that by a factor of 7 or sometimes 14 when I leave for camps. It is just not something that I am able to do anymore.

For the past 4 months, I have been doing two jobs at Fellowship. I have completed my tasks as FSM Student Worship Pastor while taking on more and more of the responsibilites of my new position as Director of Communications.

The communications thing is exciting because I don't have all the answers. We are attempting to do some things that I am not completely sure if we will be able to pull off and I am sure some things that will fail spectacularly. Another thing that makes me excited and a little anxious is how hard it is to explain to people what I am setting out to do. It is going to shake some things up, but I am convinced that by the time I am done, we will have made an impact and it will be ministry.

MurDog OUT!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home