Murray Williams lives and works in Northwest Arkansas. He tries to keep his blog up-to-date, but the pressures of life squeeze in and sometimes he just doesn't have the time. You can check out his full site at www.murdog.com.

4.03.2004

The New Wireless

Well I have the new wireless network up and running at the casa. Shopping for a new wireless router was pretty eye opening. If you are waiting for the price of wireless networks to come down, you time has come. Yesterday at Best Buy, I could have bought a Netgear 802.11b wireless router for $30.00 after a $40.00 rebate. That is insanely cheap. If you have a high speed Internet connection, and a laptop, you can't beat the convenience of being on the Internet wherever you are in the house, or my favorite, out in the back yard.

Even though the Netgear was an incredible deal, I went with the Linksys. I got it so that I could play with it and learn as much about it as I could. I am the network administrator for Ourfarm as I have mentioned in a previous blog, and they have a Linksys that is fussy. I have tried a million things to make it more bullet-proof, and thus far I have come up short. Now that I own one, maybe I can figure it out.

Today, I am taking Wyatt to get his haircut so I am going to stop the blog here.

OUT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home