Murray Williams lives and works in Northwest Arkansas. He tries to keep his blog up-to-date, but the pressures of life squeeze in and sometimes he just doesn't have the time. You can check out his full site at www.murdog.com.

12.18.2004

Ocean's Twelve

What is up, I just got back from Ocean's Twelve...loved it! It has received some bad press, but I thought it was great. I love how Steven Soderbergh directs. His movies always looks soooo cool. It was really fun, and it was a departure from Ocean's Eleven. In Eleven everything was so elegant and "Golden". In Twelve, every thing has a rougher look to it. It has a lot of handheld camera. Positively delicious.

If you didn't like Eleven, you probably won't like Twelve, but if you are a big fan of the first one like I am then I bet you are going to like it.

They had a lot of fun with After Effects. There are a lot of freezes in the movie where they put words up on the screen. In the first movie the graphics in the movie were very minimal. In this one however, they are in your face. I thought it was fun.

David Holmes did the soundtrack for this movie, and just like the first one it lays an infinitely groovy foundation for what is on the screen.

I know I am sounding like a fan boy, but .... I am I really like both Ocean's. If you liked Eleven ... see Twelve. If you see it in Rogers, you will see it projected through their Christie DLP Projector. Digital Movies... fun... oh wait DVDs.... but that isn't the same... I mean, I don't have a $125,000 projector at home.......yet.

MurDog Out!!!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger John Nelson said...

I totally agree...I loved the movie. The plot and effects were totally BAD! (I'm trying to bring that word back into the culture)

I've seen it twice now, and the second time really helped out a lot. I don't claim to be the brightest log in the fire, but that plot was pretty hairy. The second time really cleared up a bunch of stuff and I caught a lot more "little" stuff.

Two thumbs up. If I had three hands, I'd give it 3 thumbs up.

9:06 AM

 
Blogger Jaime said...

agreed. we saw it with matt last weekend and it was great. feliz navidad, familia williams.

12:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home