Murray Williams lives and works in Northwest Arkansas. He tries to keep his blog up-to-date, but the pressures of life squeeze in and sometimes he just doesn't have the time. You can check out his full site at www.murdog.com.

7.03.2004

It's Time to Sound Old

I never thought that I would be complaining about the trees in my yard, but here I am. We lost a big chunk out of our Bradford Pear tree in our yard. Last Night, a huge thunderstorm blasted us with straight line winds in excess of 70 miles per hour for more than 30 minutes. That is approaching hurricane strength. It was pretty exciting.

I was sitting in my Lay-Z-Boy fooling around on my laptop, when I heard a jet engine blaring down my chimney. I have never heard anything like it.

I love thunderstorms so it was very exciting. I opened the front door and turned on the light. The rain was flying sideways and there was almost constant lightning. The Bradford Pear in our front yard was tossed too and fro. Very Cool... When I looked out there early in the storm there was already a small limb down.

The storm continued to rage, but I went to bed.

The next morning, Megan got up first and I heard her say..."Oh Murray". I rolled over and tried to get a few more minutes of sleep. When I got up, Megan said, "You are not going to believe it." I answered back, "I know, a limb is down." She told me she went out and tried to move it but she couldn't. I thought that was weird because the limb I saw was pretty small.

I got up and looked out the front door and saw that 1/3rd of our tree was now on the ground with a large part sitting on Megan's truck. Meg and I got ready and got the kiddos ready and we went outside, fired up the chainsaw. After 30 minutes, we finally extricated the Truck and went to Krispy Kreme for donuts.

The limbs are still all around my yard, and I will have to go out there later and clean it all up. It's a real man-job, so that's fun. I have a real reason to break out the chainsaw. Maybe I'll do it this evening.

I will post some pictures here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home